Mac68k Forums

Home

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Mac68k Forums » Help » Hardware Help

Thread: Apple Multiple Sync Monitor 720 (17") on Quadra 950 (or other older Macs)

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Mar 15, 2016 9:14 PM Last Post By: Bunsen
stevenh

Apple Multiple Sync Monitor 720 (17") on Quadra 950 (or other older Macs)
Posted: Feb 15, 2016 5:34 PM
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Just in case this helps anyone... I've just spent a week screwing with sense pins, SwitchRes, Multiple Scan Software disks and differing versions of Mac OS to work out why my Quadra 950 would only ever detect my Apple Multiple Scan 720 as an RGB 12" and therefore only allow 640x480@66.7.

It turns out that you need to disable DDC in the monitor itself. When powered on, go to the OSD and scroll to the Information tab. Scroll to DDC and then make sure it is OFF.

Cold boot the machine and you'll have all the resolutions your Macintosh is capable of.

It seems that DDC interferes with how the Quadra manages to determine what resolutions the monitor should display.
Bunsen

Re: Apple Multiple Sync Monitor 720 (17") on Quadra 950 (or other older Macs)
Posted: Mar 15, 2016 9:14 PM   in response to: stevenh in response to: stevenh
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Good tip, stevenh. Wonder if this trick would work with other Apple "intelligent" displays, and other / later OSen and hardware. I missed being able to use my 1710AV when I switched to OS X.

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums