Mac68k Forums

Home

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Mac68k Forums » Development » Hardware Hacking

Thread: Socketed SE/30 PowerCache: are there PAL ICs on the board like the PDS vers

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 0 - Pages: 1
Trash80toHP_Mini

Socketed SE/30 PowerCache: are there PAL ICs on the board like the PDS vers
Posted: Dec 12, 2016 11:12 AM
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I'm wondering if the Socketed version has the same type of IIci Cache Slot conversion onboard as do the PowerCache adapters and those for several other accelerators for the SE/30's PDS? :?:

Bunsen's clarification of the direct, unmodified, passive interface at the CPU socket of the IIcx Adapter for the PowerCache helped much to remedy my assumption (ass me) that everyone would know that the IIcx had no PDS.

This led me to question if the socketed version of the SE/30 PowerCache Accelerator might need the same type of PAL modification as the Adapter for using the Universal PowerCache Accelerator in the PDS of the SE/30?

So if anyone has the Socketed version PowerCache, please check it to see if there is a PAL (or PALs) located between the Socket and CPU on the board.

WAG: the Socketed version of the PowerCache will have the equivalent of the IIci Cache Slot conversion on the PDS Adapter due to conflict with the SE/30 Video's Slot Manager implementation/location at PseudoSlot $E.

HELP!!!!!!

Data input will greatly aid in the effort: Cloning the Daystar Adapters for the IIsi and SE/30 - Take 2

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums