Mac68k Forums

Home

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Mac68k Forums » Development » Software Hacking

Thread: AppleTalk over IP

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 20 - Pages: 2 [ Previous | 1 2 ] - Last Post: Apr 13, 2019 11:19 AM Last Post By: bbraun
bbraun

Re: AppleTalk over IP
Posted: Mar 9, 2013 2:30 PM   in response to: tt in response to: tt
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I looked at trying to make a 7.5.5 image. It looks like the only way to make it fit in 7.5MB is to install the minimal system "for this macintosh", which would be an SE/30. So, using MESS, I attempted to install 7.5.3 into an image for an SE/30. Install worked, but switching ROMs from SE/30 to IIsi, 1) the image was no longer bootable in MESS (it said machine wasn't supported), and 2) The SE/30's SCSI doesn't work in MESS when using the IIsi ROM.
So I got out my SE/30 to try to get an install working, and it looks like my SE/30's analog board needs some help since my video is all messed up.

Sorry about that, but it's a long way of saying I don't have a 7.5.5 image for you at the moment...
tt

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 3:17 PM   in response to: bbraun in response to: bbraun
Thanks for trying. It does not need to be 7.5MB, it can be larger. I would transfer the system folder into a disk image in a CF card and boot from that.
tt

Posted: Mar 9, 2013 3:36 PM   in response to: tt in response to: tt
I have OT 1.1.2 installed under 7.5.5 with an Asante MacCon IIsi/SE/30 PDS card. Should I also install this "improved" driver along with what was placed in the extensions folder when I installed OT? Do I need to remove another driver to prevent a conflict? http://www.mactcp.org.nz/ethernet.html
tt

Posted: Mar 10, 2013 3:05 AM   in response to: tt in response to: tt
I am working with a new CF disk/install and it seems to be behaving better
with respect to AppleShar over IP and NewsWatcher. =)
IlikeTech

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 9:27 AM   in response to: bbraun in response to: bbraun
Hi, so I was wondering if this still works, and if not, what is the server side software? Would it be possible to set up again?
bbraun

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 11:19 AM   in response to: IlikeTech in response to: IlikeTech
I believe it is still working. Generally the appletalk over ip server is pretty good, but sometimes the file server needs kicking.

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums