Mac68k Forums

Home

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Mac68k Forums » Development » Software Hacking

Thread: adev programming info?

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Sep 15, 2015 1:40 AM Last Post By: integerpoet Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
fraveydank

adev programming info?
Posted: Jul 16, 2015 10:48 AM
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
I've been looking all over for the Macintosh AppleTalk Connections Programmers Guide to write my own adev files. I know bbraun wrote his own for the AppleTalk over IP adev; any advice on where I can find any programming documentation, or is it all reverse-engineered?
bbraun

Re: adev programming info?
Posted: Jul 16, 2015 5:01 PM   in response to: fraveydank in response to: fraveydank
Unfortunately, it's all reverse engineered. Check out the adev I did, since it's pretty simple once you strip out all the MacTCP calls.
gsteemso

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 7:42 PM   in response to: bbraun in response to: bbraun
You might also try to track down whoever did the SingleTalk loopback adev. I recall he had to get quite a bit of insider help from Apple to make it work because the documentation was crap. Of course, that was 20 years ago. All I can say is good luck.
integerpoet

Posted: Sep 15, 2015 1:40 AM   in response to: fraveydank in response to: fraveydank
Are you by chance pondering interoperation with Mini vMac's LTOE?

http://mfort.net/Mini_vMac_LT/Mini_vMac_LT.html

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums