Mac68k Forums

Home

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Mac68k Forums » Help » Hardware Help

Thread: Repair Quadra 700

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Nov 15, 2015 4:24 AM Last Post By: marmotta Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
marmotta

Repair Quadra 700
Posted: Oct 28, 2015 6:39 AM
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Sorry fo my poor english...

I have a used Quadra 700, first time I powered up it not immediately switch on but... after some minutes! And with power button I not able to power off, if i push the switch the mac only reset... And now after some test and cleaning of the pcb it never switch on. I able to switch on only with a bridge pin 9 and 10 of psu.

But I have another problem... this is a screenshot of my screen (without hdd), recap solve all my problems?

Message was edited by: marmotta

bbraun

Re: Repair Quadra 700
Posted: Oct 30, 2015 12:30 PM   in response to: marmotta in response to: marmotta
If I recall correctly, the Q700 doesn't have many electrolytics outside the PSU. That looks more like bad video memory. Do you have a spare nubus graphics card you could try, instead of the onboard video?
marmotta

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 3:01 PM   in response to: bbraun in response to: bbraun
I not have a nubus card. No way to test vram chips with standard tester?

But vram problem not explains power switch issue
Arbee

Posted: Oct 31, 2015 5:41 PM   in response to: marmotta in response to: marmotta
Power switch issue sounds like battery problems. Either it's dead and the PMU's corrupted itself (which would also potentially be why the screen is scrambled since PRAM Is there) or the battery leaked and damaged the power-up circuit (which is unfortunately common).
marmotta

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 4:18 AM   in response to: Arbee in response to: Arbee
Old battery is discharge, but no have loose acid and pcb is clean... now I have replaced with new battery without benefit.

The Mac with new battery never booted up MacOs (my tests is without drives), It may be the cause?
techknight

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 5:56 PM   in response to: marmotta in response to: marmotta
No matter how many different forums you cross-post this same exact thing in, your going to continue getting the same responses no matter where your at.
marmotta

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 4:24 AM   in response to: techknight in response to: techknight
I surrender... I have also scsi problems, I bought "new" motherboard ;-)

Thanks for yours help

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums